Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Wait, I Don't Want to Grow Up

Okay everyone, brace yourselves. This could get a little bumpy. I've never really just written about anything other than a shoot on this blog so I don't really know how this is going to turn out. But hey, whatever (right back at you mel).

So yesterday just so happened to be my 17th birthday. It was such a great day and I wanna thank everyone who made it rock and wished me a happy birthday. It really made me smile throughout the whole day! Seventeen is such a weird age. It's right in between two of the greatest ages, so its just kind of there. Don't get me wrong, I am in no hurry to turn 18. I'd rather stay a youthful child for another ten years, but unfortunately thats not how it works.

Everything is kind of just hitting me now. Like honestly, it feels like I'm getting hit with a pile of bricks. Where has my life gone? Seventeen year already gone? What. It doesn't even seem possible that I could have been alive for this long. All I can think of now is the future. ACT scores, college, my mission, finances, its unreal. To put this in perspective, I have been driving 25 mph in residential areas for the last 16 years. And as of this year, I am now driving 90 mph on the autobahn. I want to slow down.

Lately, I've just been trying to make sure that I make myself slow down and appreciate every moment I have to make the best of it. I'm trying to make everyday count and make this last year and a half of high school really memorable. Because if I don't make it meaningful now, I know I will regret it in the future.

But thats really whats been racing through my crazy teenager mind lately. Just a little personal shoutout to all of the high school students out there. You all know what I mean when I say "its all going too fast". We got this though guys. If any high school students, recent graduates, parents or anyone else, have any thoughts on the transition from childhood to adulthood, please please please comment, email, or message me. I would love to share any advice you wiser individuals have for us confused and hormonal teens (contact information is at the top left of the blog, right under the "home" tab).

Hope you all have a great rest of this week. You all rock my world. Thanks for reading and being such amazing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment