Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Adventures of Cool Kids and a Frozen Reservoir



Yay! This is my first really photography blog post! My past two posts have been more intro posts, but this is the real deal people. Okay, so this week is my first week back from Christmas break (and let me tell you it has been rough), but over the break I had the awesome chance to go up to American Fork canyon with some good friends. If you live in Utah and haven't been up the canyon in American Fork, I definitely recommend putting it on your bucket list. It is unbelievably beautiful and there are so many diverse locations up there that offer so much!

We went up just this past saturday and decided to head up to Tibble Fork Reservoir. I'm telling you guys, this particular spot is absolutely breathtaking. No matter what time of year it is. It is a large reservoir that has a backdrop of hundreds of pines and beautiful mountains. At this time of year, the reservoir is frozen over and you are actually able to walk across it!

My friends and I decided to try out a new location also right behind the reservoir. We found a trail along a small river that led back into a very quiet little wood. The pines were absolutely amazing. They were untouched and were covered in snow. It was a perfect location for a winter shoot. We were able to get some awesome shots and have a great time while we were up there! Also, I was actually very successful this time with aperture priority. I really started to get the hang of it while I was up there and could really tell the difference in my photos. If anyone is having a hard time with settings on their camera, do NOT give up. It takes time and is so worth it once you finally get it down.

We also took some really fun shots on the frozen body of water (which could have possibly been a fatal adventure, but luckily I am boy scout haha). It was really cool and the first time i've ever done something like that! Overall, it was a really great photo adventure and a great way to end off our break with the gorgeous surrounding and absolutely wonderful people. I'm really looking forward to doing more adventurous photo shoots with new people this upcoming year! Hopefully i'll be able to take some more photos in another beyond beautiful location this weekend.

P.s. In two days, on friday, my amazing cousin Colby will be posting on my blog! So everyone get pumped because she is awesome and such an inspiration to my family and so many others. Make sure you check back then because it is going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment